Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Arthur Russell

I'm always curious about finding new music, specially new music that is out of the box and out of context. Every once in a wile I am lucky to find artist that fit this profile. This is the case with Arthur Russel whom I recently discovered through a Spotify accident, clicking on the wrong artist and starting to listen to the wrong song.
I realized this guy was in a constant search for himself through sound and lyrics, always changing the route of his sound ship and surprising the listeners. There is a wonderful documentary on his life and work titled "Wild Combination" which I do recommend. Put your ears on some of his albums they are almost meant to be heard in solitude, specialy his cello and voice works "Another Thought", here is a sample of his song "A Sudden Chill"    



Visit him on wikipedia
or his label's website Audika 

No comments: